More than 100 million people are members of 47,000 U.S. cooperatives,
securing health care, insurance, housing, food, heating fuel,
hardware, credit unions, child care and utility service at an affordable price.Cooperatives (like MPE) are owned by the members they serve.
Cooperatives are guided by the following principles:
- Voluntary and Open Membership
- Democratic Member Control
- Members’ Economic Participation
- Autonomy & Independence – cooperatives control their own destiny, but are guided by a member-elected board of directors.
- Education, Training and Information
- Community Commitment
- Cooperation with Other Cooperatives
If you buy electricity from us, you own Mountain Parks Electric. As an
electric cooperative, MPE is owned and governed (via the board of
directors) by its members (i.e. consumers). MPE is a not-for-profit energy
provider. All profits are investedinto the electric plant or returned to our
members in the form of patronage capital checks. We are here to serve you!