Working for MPE
MPE is dedicated to becoming the area’s preferred employer and currently employs more than 60 people. Mountain Parks Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mountain Parks Electric is accepting applications for a full-time Meter Technician. This position will be located at the Mountain Parks Electric headquarters in Granby, CO. The successful candidate will perform various duties related to the installation, removal, inspection, maintenance, testing of meters and meter equipment, customer service including reading of meters, and making delinquent account collections. Experience with all aspects of a Radio Frequency based Advanced Metering Infrastructure and Tantalus systems desired. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license in Colorado. High school diploma or equivalent required. Hourly wage for this position is dependent on qualifications and experience. Interested candidates should submit their letter of intent and resume to Rich Trostel email@example.com by December 4, 2017. Mountain Parks Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in Colorado. Employee must reside within 30-minute response time of service area center. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Mountain Parks Electric, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify the duties and essential functions of this position at any time. The essential job functions of this position include:
- Providing quality service to MPE's members and employees
- Maintaining a continuing commitment to courtesy and professionalism
- Must have the ability to get along with others
- Working under stress
- Able to receive constructive criticism and maintain assigned work hours
- Able to work more than 40 hour per week and more than 8 hour per day
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Tests, services, maintains and calibrates all meters and metering equipment.
- Performs field installation of current and/or potential transformer installations for commercial services. Calculates and records service and demand multiplier for these installations.
- Uses PC to program both residential and commercial electronic meters. Is experienced using manufacturer’s software to write or modify meter programs. May occasionally be required to use software to down load meter data for billing purposes.
- Assists member by responding to voltage complaints and power quality complaints.
- Programs voltage and current recorders for and installs recorders on member premises.
- Downloads and prepares charts and exception reports to resolve problems.
- Keeps abreast of new software, Tantalus Advanced Metering Infrastructure, and Meter Data Management technologies and techniques in the metering field.
- Participates in job training and safety meetings, and attends such specialized schools as may be assigned to remain proficient in the metering field.
- Performs various duties related to customer service including reading of meters, exchanging meters, meter connects and disconnects, high bill complaints, and making delinquent account collections.
- Serves member/customers by providing service requested, answering questions and offering assistance.
- Maintains a safe working environment by adhering to policies, procedures and regulations. Maintains meter room, all test equipment, parts and meters in a clean and proper order at all times.
- Proactively monitors the Advanced Metering Infrastructure performance and initiates appropriate field actions to remedy system malfunctions. Reviews reports and data and determines best practices for equipment type and placement. Performs system analysis of data, RF transmission network for abnormalities and takes action to remedy. Tracks equipment failures and schedules replacement as needed.
- Keeps abreast of all changes in first aid procedures, and maintains an up-to-date first aid and CPR card. Knows and applies OSHA regulations and MPE’s safety rules necessary to perform the job.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. The description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties and requirements for personnel in this position. The successful candidate will also be expected to:
- Perform other duties of a like nature, which may be assigned
- Understand and follow established electric construction and maintenance specifications including those of the Rural Utilities Service, the National Electric Safety Code and those adopted by Mountain Parks Electric, Inc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knows, understands and complies with all OSHA regulations and MPE Safety Rules necessary to perform the job. MPE employees must maintain current CPR/First Aid credentials.
- MPE Operations employees must know how to operate a two-way radio under established procedures and FCC rules. Must be able to accurately read and interpret staking sheets and maps. Employee needs to have good communication skills and legible handwriting.
- Must have the ability to develop plans, procedures and goals; present information to others; work cooperatively and get along with others. Must have the ability to work under stress and receive constructive criticism and complete projects accurately and timely within reasonable deadlines.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
50% percent of time is spent standing, 25% sitting and 25% walking. Occasionally climb ladders. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl reaching and handling material. Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds.
Fifty percent of time is spent outdoors, possibly under adverse weather conditions and exposure to sunlight. There may be a need to work under various hazards such as dust or fumes and possible exposure to various chemicals. Travel to and from assigned jobs by use of company vehicle and at times by commercial means is required.
Human Resources Specialist/Administrative Assistant
Mountain Parks Electric, Inc. is a member-owned electric distribution utility company. We are looking to fill a full-time Human Resources Specialist/Administrative Assistant. Successful candidates must have a college degree in Business or Human Resource Management and 3-5 years of Human Resources experience. This candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills along with the ability to use Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Interested candidates should submit their letter of intent and resume to Stacie Dellamano at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 4th. Mountain Parks Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Must be able to properly operate office equipment. Must have experience in working with the public. College degree in Business or Human Resources with previous experience in benefit administration and human resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Mountain Parks Electric, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify the duties and essential functions of this position at any time.
The essential job functions of this position include:
- Understanding the concept of providing quality service to MPEI’s customers and employees.
- Agrees to maintain a continuing commitment to confidentiality, courtesy and professionalism.
- Has the ability to: get along with others, work under stress, receive constructive criticism, maintain assigned work hours, work more than 40 hours per week and work more than 8 hours per day
1. Assists and coordinates administrative activities involving the Board of Directors, General Manager, and Department Managers as assigned; coordinates meetings and conferences with affiliated organizations.
2. Compiles and processes confidential information, including salary data, employee evaluations, personnel/organizational changes, etc., as assigned; including the recruitment, hiring, training and retention of work force.
3. Performs administrative duties, including typing, copying, and scheduling for the General Manager, Board of Directors, Department Managers and other personnel as directed.
4. Administers employee benefit programs including health & dental, life and disability insurances, pension plan, Health savings accounts and 125 Flexible Benefit Plans by reviewing and recommending MPE benefit plans.
5. Maintains organization's confidential personnel files and is responsible for the confidential administration of the personnel/human resource functions.
6. Maintains all Administrative, Business Function, Communications/Community, Directors and develop Employees policies and handbook.
7. Attends MPE Board meetings and MPE Annual meeting as the administrative assistant.
8. Must exercise initiative, judgment, and knowledge of company practices, policy, and organization.
9. Strives to maintain good customer relations by providing service requested, answering questions and offering assistance.
10. Maintains a safe working environment by adhering to policies, procedures and regulations.
11. Helps others by performing other related duties as requested, assists in matters of employee discipline.
12. Attends and Chairs Employee Relations meetings and reports discussions to General Manager; leads in organization of employee meetings and social events.
13. Serves as the Privacy Officer consistent with the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and is the “Authorized Employee” to receive and maintain protected health information received by the cooperative in its capacity as the Plan Sponsor of the Mountain Parks Electric, Inc. Section 125 Plan or which it may receive electronically or in another form or medium.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with General Manager and Manager of Finance and Accounting to administer MPE Wage and Salary Plan.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. The description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties and requirements for personnel in this position.
Performs other duties of a like nature which may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Has knowledge of parliamentary procedure and the functioning of the Board of Directors. Must have grammatical skills, possess a working knowledge of secretarial and related administrative functions of an organization. This position requires skill and proficiency in using different software’s on a variety of keyboard configurations, good written and verbal communications skills.
Requires the ability to develop plans, procedures and goals; present information to others; work cooperatively; and work under stress to complete projects accurately within reasonable guidelines.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
Requires frequent sitting, standing, walking and use of keyboard/computer; and occasional bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 25 pounds. Requires finger dexterity, good vision and hearing, ability to speak, and the ability to perform close work. Office equipment used includes personal computers, related software, copy machines, fax machines, etc.
Close to 100% of the work performed is done indoors in an office setting. Occasional travel by company vehicle and/or commercial means may be required.
- If there are no current openings, you can still mail your application to: Mountain Parks Electric, ATTN: Human Resources, PO Box 170, Granby, CO 80446.
- If you would like a hard copy application or would like a PDF emailed to you, please contact our human resources department at email@example.com or call 970-887-3378.
“I really like working here. My job is interesting, fun and rewarding. My co-workers' professionalism and personalities create an enjoyable work atmosphere.”
- Lindsay, Read Auditor/Customer Service
“Mountain Parks Electric is a great place to work! I enjoy working for a rural electric cooperative.”
- Nathan, Journeyman Lineman
MPEI Statement of Nondiscrimination
In accordance with the Federal Civil Rights Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to the USDA by one of the following:
1. mail: US Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-9410
2. fax: (202) 690-7442
3. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This institution is an equal opportunity employer and provider.