MPE provides a variety of construction forms & information for your convenience in this section of our web site. We also provide present primary line location, easements and primary and/or secondary line costs as needed.
State Electrical Inspector: 303-869-3473
Electrical Board: 303-894-2300
What we need from you:
- Property owner’s name and mailing address
- Property subdivision, block, lot and number
- Physical address
- Name/phone number of your electrician
- The appropriate completed applications
To obtain the appropriate application form, please call MPE at 970.887.7010 or 970.887.7039. Application forms include:
- Service Upgrade/Meter Relocation Application
- New Subdivision
- Residential Application
- Large Commercial Service
- Small Commercial Application
- Multi-Unit Service: Gang-Metered
- Town Home Service - Meter at Each Unit
- Primary Line Extension
- New Light Installation Application
Guides & Information
The following guides and information are available upon request:
- Electric Service Construction Standards Part 1
- Electric Service Construction Standards Part 2
Electric Service Checklist
- Check with the county to see if written approval is required before engineering and designing your electric service.
- Complete and return the appropriate form from the list above, including the required sketch.
- Schedule a site visit with an MPE staking technician.
- Ensure property pins are accurate and visible when the paperwork is submitted. Staking technicians require property pins to be in place at the time of the site visit.
- Submit a copy of your building permit (which can be obtained from your county's building department prior to any construction). We will start your paperwork while you await your permit.
- Contact the State Electrical Board (303) 894-2300 to obtain your electrical permit.
- Submit all required paperwork, fees and right-of-way easements to MPE’s Engineering Department.