** The Electrify Everything program is on temporary suspension while an internal review of the program is being conducted. **
MPE's Electrify Everything program allows qualifying consumer-members to spread upfront costs of installing heat pumps, commercial EV chargers, insulation upgrades and solar panels over multiple years – as an additional charge on your monthly electric bill. Enjoy the benefits of your upgrade while saving money and helping the planet. Projects funds awarded through this program must be recouped in projected energy savings within 10 years. Terms and conditions apply.
HELPFUL INFO LINKS
- *NEW* Colorado heat pump tax credit (10%) and sales tax exemption (2.9%)
- 10 Tips for Hiring a Heating and Cooling Contractor (Energy Star)
- Residential Energy Saving Tips (Energy Star)
- Cold Climate Heat Pumps: ... Stay Warm in the Winter and Cool in the Summer (Energy.gov)
- Adding Insulation to an Existing Home (Energy.gov)
- Homeowner's Guide to Going Solar (Energy.gov)
- AIR-SOURCE HEAT PUMPS (ASHPs)
ASHPs are high-efficiency heating and cooling systems that use less energy than older electric heating technologies. ASHPs provide zoned heating and cooling solutions for year-round comfort. MPE offers rebates of up to $1,000 per 12,000 BTUs of system size.
- COMMERCIAL EV CHARGING STATIONS
Want to add EV chargers to your business’s parking lot? We can help.
A properly insulated home is one of the simplest ways to keep a lid on your heating bill with savings that add up every year. If you are considering insulation upgrades, contact us.
- SOLAR ARRAYS
Power your home during the daytime with energy from the sun. MPE also offers rebates members installing local renewable projects.
- Complete and submit the QUESTIONS? CONTACT us short form (bottom left of this page), or call us at (970) 887-3378, EXT 6
- MPE will determine applicant's program eligibility
- Upon approval, complete and submit the PRELIMINARY APPLICATION (link below), which includes providing a bid from a licensed professional contractor
- MPE will review PRELIMINARY APPLICATION and determine the project's eligibility (including that the amount of financial assistance provided is recouped by projected cost savings within 10 years)
- Upon approval of the PRELIMINARY APPLICATION, sign the program AGREEMENT (to be provided by MPE) and pay a minimum of 10% of the project cost as a down payment (plus a $100 application fee)
- The licensed professional contractor completes the project
- Provide a copy of the final invoice to MPE.
- Within 30 days of receiving the final invoice, MPE will pay the approved project amount. Any cost overruns reflected in the contractor's final invoice will be the responsibility of the applicant (member).
- Project cost is divided into no more than 120 payments to be paid as a line item on your MPE electric bill.
- For more information, read MPE Tariff Section 202.12
NOTE: MPE, at its own discretion, will determine if the applicant meets the program eligibility requirements
REGIONAL HEAT-PUMP CONTRACTORS*
- High West Heating & Cooling (Kremmling), Facebook page, (970) 724-9208
- NOCO Energy Solutions (Laporte, Colo.): web site, (970) 310-6240
- Elite Heat (Grand Lake), (970) 798-8167
All MPE member-consumers are fully responsible for selecting and coordinating with HVAC contractors. For air-source heat pumps, you may choose a contractor from this list or another contractor of your choice. Contractors listed above are familiar with MPE’s programs and policies. MPE does not endorse any contractor.
*NOTE: contractors listed above have completed heat pump installation training
ARE YOU A LOCAL HVAC INSTALLER LOOKING FOR HEAT PUMP INSTALLATION TRAINING?
MPE has funding available to help you. For more information, call us at (970) 887-3378, EXT 6.