MPE offers a variety of payment options for your convenience. Please address mailed payments to:

Mountain Parks Electric
PO Box 170
Granby, CO 80446

View your usage, pay your bill, update your contact and payment information online, using the link below.

Take our short, quarterly online survey for your chance to win!

Manage My Account Online Survey

Energy-assistance programs such as LEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) and Colorado Energy Outreach are available for low-income families. For more information contact:

  • Grand County (970) 725-3331 or 1-800-344-8539 (social services)
  • Jackson County (970) 723-4750; (800) 344-8539 (social services)
  • Summit County (970) 668-4100 (social services)
  • Discover Goodwill, LEAP (719) 442-0007  
  • Energy Outreach Colorado (303) 825-8750 or
  • Mountain Family Center (970) 557-3186 (Grand County)

MPE’s billing procedures were established to encourage timely bill payment. As a not-for-profit, consumer-owned cooperative, MPE is able to maintain affordable rates partly because of your prompt payments.

Back to top.

Who is it for?
Customers who…

  • would like to pay a set amount each month
  • have a good credit history with MPE
  • have lived at least 12 months in their current residence

How does it work?
Your Monthly Budget Billing amount will be determined by your personal usage history. You’ll pay the same amount for 11 months and “settle up” in the 12th month. Budget Billing is a 12-month commitment. You can choose to renew during your settle-up month.

What are the benefits?
When you know how much your payment will be each month, it’s easier to set money aside for it. You can avoid high winter bills by having them spread out over the year.

For more information, please contact us at 970-887-3378 or

If you have more than one electric account with the same mailing address, we can combine your billing statements into one envelope. For more information, contact MPE’s Billing Department at 970-887-3378 or toll-free 877-887-3378.

For your convenience, MPE has a night drop box located on the Granby building's east side near the drive-up window and in the front of the Walden office. Payments can be dropped off 24 hours-a-day, seven days-a-week.

To Start or Transfer Electric Service with MPE, please call one of our Customer Service Representatives at 970-887-3378 or toll free at 888-887-3378. If you are new to MPE service territory, we look forward to serving you. Please have your new address and mailing address ready. Other documents and/or information required include but are not limited to:

  • Name of adult household member on the account
  • Address location where service shall be provided
  • Contact and billing information
  • Driver’s license number or alternate valid ID and last four digits of your social security number

NOTE: Deposits will apply without a current acceptable letter of credit from a former utility company within the last 12 months on residential accounts. Deposits are required on all commercial accounts regardless of letter of credit. Deposits are calculated using the prior location consumption history and are held for one year accruing interest at the PUC approved rate. MPE will apply the deposit plus interest to your account after receiving one year of prompt payments. MPE Tariff 302.02 & 302.03

In 2012, MPE contracted CH Guernsey out of Oklahoma City to perform a cost-of-service study for its consumers. The result: CH Guernsey calculated that it costs approximately $30.25 (in 2012) to maintain the transformers, wires and metering at each general service account that MPE serves. This cost does not include the purchase and sale of electricity. Guernsey's calculation guided the MPE Board of Directors in establishing the $29 service charge for general service and time-of-use accounts effective January 1, 2013.


We are a consumer-owned electric cooperative, here to serve you. For additional information, please call our customer service department at (970) 887-3378, EXT 3.