Instead of waiting for a monthly electric bill, with EZ PAY, you can pay smaller amounts throughout the month for the electricity you plan to use. Terms and conditions apply.
Pay your electric bill on your schedule - like on paydays . With MPE's EZ PAY, you pay in advance for electricity before you use it. When your account balance is low, just deposit more money. EZ PAY provides flexibility and control!
No more monthly electric bills!
Prepay any increment of $20 - online, by phone or at our Granby or Walden office
Access your daily usage information and account balance
Account balance alerts can be emailed or texted (or both)
1. Complete and submit the INTERESTED? CONTACT US form on this page (or call 970-887-7012)
2. Register for EZ PAY
- Create a SmartHub account (for online account management)
- Sign and submit the EZ PAY AGREEMENT (available upon request)
- Fund your new EZ PAY account with as little as $50
3. Track your daily energy use and payments on SmartHub
- All consumers must have a Member Application for Electric Service signed and on file.
- A consumer is eligible to enroll in Prepay Service if they are currently on the General Service Rate with a 200 Amp single phase service or less and are served by a Mountain Parks Electric, Inc. (“MPEI”) meter with remote disconnect capabilities. Accounts with occupants who require life-sustaining equipment that would be affected by disconnect of service are not eligible.
- New consumers must have a minimum initial prepaid purchase of $50.00 paid in full on the activation date for Prepay Service. The minimum requirement for all future purchases is $20.00.
- Prepay Service consumers are required to enroll in SmartHub. SmartHub is a web and mobile app that provides consumers the ability to monitor balances and estimate days of service remaining. Consumers also agree to receive email and/or text messages regarding their account balances. Consumers will not be enrolled in Prepay Service until enrollment in SmartHub is completed. Prepay consumers must also enroll in paperless billing.
- Current consumer security deposits will be applied to the Prepay Service account in full plus all interest accrued through the date the security deposit is applied to the Prepay Service account.
- Members participating in Prepay Service are not be not eligible for payment arrangements.
- Members currently under an agreed upon payment arrangement are not eligible to participate in Prepay Service.
- The $29 Service Availability charge will be prorated by the day. Taxes and franchise fees will apply.
- Prepay Service consumers are solely responsible for the timely payment of power purchased from Mountain Parks Electric, Inc. Payments can be made 24 hours a day, seven (7) days per week via SmartHub, on our website www.mpei.com and electing pay now, or by calling our automated payment line at (833) 890-7733. Payments can be made in person during business hours at our office in Granby or Walden with cash or check. Mailing payments is not recommended due to the time delay in receiving it.
- Participating customers must have a valid e-mail address or mobile phone number, and internet access. It is the sole responsibility of the consumer to keep their contact information current and monitor their account balance. No monthly statements will be mailed. Account balances may be checked on SmartHub.
- Energy assistance payments, such as LEAP, will be posted to Prepay Service accounts when verification of those funds have been received.
- Electric service is subject to disconnection any time the Prepay Metering account credit balance is depleted, even if prepay low balance alerts cannot be delivered. Members will receive communication per their notification settings in Smart hub (i.e. text or email) prior to disconnection. Weather conditions will not postpone disconnection of service.
- Any non-sufficient funds check or returned credit/debit card payments and associated fees will be applied to the account immediately and may result in disconnection of service without further notice.
- Signing this agreement affirms there are no occupants in the home that have medical conditions requiring life-sustaining equipment that will be impacted by loss of electric service. Should this status change, it is the consumer’s responsibility to contact MPEI in writing and the account will be removed from Prepay Service.
- When service is terminated at the consumer’s request, a final bill will be provided. A refund of any credit balance will be paid. The consumer will be responsible for any amount owed by the due date specified on the final bill.
- If at any time the consumer decides to terminate Prepay Service and begin monthly billing, the consumer will not be eligible to restart Prepay Service for 12 months from the date Prepay Service was terminated and the consumer will need to pay a deposit based on the requirements in our Tariffs to begin the monthly billing. Also, if a customer is disconnected at any time for more than a 2 month period they will automatically be opted out of the prepay service.
- Member agrees to hold MPEI, its directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any claims, disputes, actions, damages, or liabilities due to loss of electric service whether due to disconnection by MPEI or otherwise.
- MPEI reserves the right to remove any consumer from Prepay Service at any time, without consent or notification and to modify or end this program at any time.
- If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. Upon such determination that any term or other provision is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the court may modify this Agreement so as to effect the original intent of the parties as closely as possible in order that the transactions contemplated hereby be consummated as originally contemplated to the greatest extent possible.
INTERESTED? CONTACT US
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
MPE customers are eligible if they have a General Service Rate with a 200-amp or less, single-phase service and have: (1) an MPE electric meter with remote disconnect capabilities, (2) internet access, and (3) email.
Complete the enrollment form. For additional assistance, call (970) 887-7012.
There are many advantages!
- You control how much, when and how often you pay with no surprises at the end of the month
- There are no deposits or reconnect fees
- You can track daily usage on your smartphone, tablet or computer
- You will receive notifications when your balance is low, and you can choose to receive additional optional notifications
- You choose when and how you want to be notified of your account balance
Within two business days, you will receive a confirmation email. A $50 minimum payment is required, which will be applied to your future usage.
If you have a deposit with MPE, it will be applied toward the final bill on your current account. Any excess credit or balance will be moved to your new MPE EZ PAY account.
Any amount you owe after deposits will be moved to your new MPE EZ PAY account. The amount owed must be paid in full.
Any time you have a zero balance, your account is subject to be disconnected. Electricity (kilowatt-hours) used after your account reaches a zero balance, but before it is disconnected, will result in a negative account balance. Service will be reconnected remotely when the negative balance plus a minimum $20 balance is reached. If your account remains disconnected after 15 business days without a payment, MPE will issue a final bill. You will then be required to contact MPE to re-establish service with a new account. A security deposit, per MPE's tariff, may be required.
You can discontinue using MPE's EZ PAY option any time. If you decide to opt out, a deposit may be required to establish a new account. You will not be eligible to restart EZ PAY for 12 months from the date you opted out.
Yes. Energy assistance payments, such as LEAP, will be posted to EZ PAY accounts when verification of these funds has been received.
Yes. The service availability charge is prorated by the day. Taxes and franchise fees also apply.
You can access this information via our online Smarthub (app). Remember that you are prepaying for your usage, and that your meter is read once a day. Therefore, your balance will be calculated daily, but your end-of-month statement will be created after the regular meter reading cycle.
You pay through MPE's Smarthub app. Your payments post instantly. Payments will also be accepted in-person at MPE's Granby and Walden offices or over the phone, by calling (833) 890-7733 (using our Interactive Voice Response system: a $2 service charge applies when paying by phone).
You can use a credit or debit card by using our Smarthub app. A $2 electronic transaction fee applies.
You can pay any increment of $20. If your account is disconnected, you will need to pay enough to establish a $20 positive balance.
Email and text messages. You will receive notifications for:
- payments received
- low balances
- disconnection notice
- reconnection notice
Call us at (970) 887-7012 to opt out. Remember: If you had a deposit on your MPE account prior to enrolling in EZ PAY, you will need to pay all applicable deposits to open a new MPE account. MPE cannot bill you for required deposits.
While MPE cannot guarantee it will decrease, other utilities with similar billing options have seen a decrease in participants' usage. With EZ PAY, you have access to your daily usage, allowing you the ability to monitor and adjust your electric consumption more quickly than when being billed on a monthly basis.
No. How and when you use energy is up to you.