GRANBY, C.O. – In response to COVID-19 coronavirus, Mountain Parks Electric (MPE) wishes to assure consumers that it is prepared to continue providing safe and reliable electric service throughout its service area as the pandemic unfolds. Historically, MPE has delivered 99.9-percent reliable power supply. “We are staffed and equipped with line crews and customer service representatives who are prepared to do their jobs,” said General Manager Mark Johnston. “Mountain Parks Electric provides a critical service. In these challenging times, our focus on providing that service does not waver.”
Effective March 17 until further notice, Mountain Parks Electric also implemented the following steps to protect its consumer-members and employees:
- If you are an MPE consumer experiencing financial hardship:
Call (970) 887-3378, EXT 0. MPE will work with its consumers to develop payment plans.
- Except for the Granby drive up window (and Granby and Walden night drop boxes), in-person bill payment at MPE’s Granby and Walden offices is unavailable. The Granby drive-up window hours are 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
- MPE’s customer service representatives are available by phone to assist consumers. Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8 AM – 5 PM.
- Electronic credit card payment and IVR payment encouraged.
MPE has waived $2 transaction fees for electronic bill payment. MPE encourages consumers to pay their bills online at mpei.com and by using the Interactive Voice Response system (970) 887-3378, EXT 2.
- Nearly all customer service functions can be self-accessed by phone or by web site.
By phone: Download our SmartHub app at https://www.mpei.com/smarthub-instructions. (NOTE: You will need to register a new account if doing this for the first time).
If you would like to manage your account without using the app, visit: https://mpei.smarthub.coop/PayNow.html
(NOTE: You will need your MPE account number).
- MPE technicians will continue to work on service orders.
This includes new electric connections. However, all in-office visits are temporarily suspended. Engineering appointments outside the office are available by appointment only.
- MPE’s annual meeting has been rescheduled.
Our 71st annual meeting has been rescheduled for Thursday, June 11 at 4 PM at our main office at 321 West Agate Avenue in Granby. We are exploring live streaming options for those wishing to participate. Member attendance will be subject to state and federal regulation guidance RE: large gatherings.
- Be cautious of scammers.
A growing number of nefarious actors use crises to scam unwitting consumers, fraudulently claiming that they will disconnect your electric service if immediate payment is not received. Don’t fall for it. If you have a question about the status of your electric account, please call Mountain Parks Electric at (970) 887-3378, EXT 3.
- Follow us on social media or online for further updates as they develop.
mpei.com, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.