How does the Aquanta water heater controller work?
- The control box (the blue one in the picture) is a junction box to an electric water heater’s power source, so it turns on/off the power to the tank per the control algorithm or your commands. The device acts in a lot of ways like a Nest thermostat.
What does Aquanta do?
- Smart Control
- Energy savings suggestions
- Weekly & monthly usage data comparison
- See how much hot water is available
- Remote turn on/off and scheduling capability
- Leak detection text message alerts
- Automatic overheating shutoff
- Autonomous learning function matches water heating with usage patterns
- Operation via remote dashboard
- Works with Nest
- https://aquanta.io/ (link is external)
What is the goal of the pilot?
- MPE will occasionally control units during typical peak hours (5:30 PM – 10:00 PM, Monday – Saturday) and analyze results
- Gain feedback from members about the installation experience
- Shift water heating load to off-peak time period
- Validate statistically load shedding potential of full-time and seasonal homeowners
- Determine how many hours of load control is tolerable by members
- Verify savings for a full scale program
- MPE will provide the device for FREE which can be kept after the pilot
- Energy savings
- MPE avoids peak power pricing
- Helps avert need for new power generation
- Take full advantage of wind generation, which is most active at night and solar generation during the daytime
How Do I sign up?
- Confirm that your home has an electric water heater and available Wi-Fi. For more details and to sign up email email@example.com or call (970) 887-7027