IF THERE IS A POWER FAILURE:
- REMEMBER SAFETY FIRST: Do not approach downed lines or try to remove limbs or trees from the line.
- OUR ABILITY TO ANSWER MULTIPLE PHONE CALLS IS LIMITED: In the event of a widespread outage, our phone system has a limited capacity to accept multiple calls, and your call may be dropped. If you are unable to report by phone, please be patient and try again a while later. Just remember, if there is a widespread outage, we are most likely already on our way to find the problem.
- MOST LIKELY, YOUR METER ALREADY REPORTED YOUR OUTAGE: Your MPE meter is programmed to automatically report outages to our office (usually before you dial our number and call to report it).
- You can check our outage map to see how widespread the outage is.
- Check your circuit breakers (your outage might be a result of a flipped breaker), then see if your neighbors have power (to see if the outage is isolated to your home).
- You can report an outage online by accessing your SMARTHUB account.
- If you call MPE to report your outage at (970) 887-3378, ext. 1 (using our IVR system): We will need to know your name, address, phone number and the time of the outage.
- Report any unusual circumstances (e.g. downed lines, trees, flashes of light, etc.)
- If you are still experiencing an outage after your neighbor’s power has been restored, check your breakers again, and then give MPE a call or use SMARTHUB (your online account) to report your issue.
- If power fails again after it is restored, please contact us. We have more work to do!
- MPE is committed to providing safe, reliable service. If you experience a power interruption, our line crew is dispatched 24 hours a day, seven days a week to restore your service as quickly as possible.
We have highly qualified personnel working to restore power as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.